Welcome to our Town
2014 Festival Dates:
May 28 - June 2, 2014
2014 Festival Programme will be announced soon
The Inaugural Clancy Brothers Songwriting Competition 2014
Prize Fund in Excess of €1500!
The Clancy Brothers Music and Art Festival already has a strong songwriting element with the SongCraft series of concerts and workshops held in the Brewery Lane Theatre. Running for the last two years, these have featured John Spillane and Charlie McGettigan as headline acts and workshop facilitators. Local songwriters have also benefited from the opportunity to support these acts.
- Free to enter.
- Open competition – all genres.
- Enter by Post or by Email.
- Performance of final three at the Clancy Brothers Music and Art Festival on May 27th, 2014. Each act will be asked to play a 15 minute set including their competition entry. A songwriter may nominate someone else to perform the song for them.
- Cash Prizes: 1st €500, 2nd €200, 3rd €100.
- Recording in a professional studio in association with Emeraz.com for first place, to include mixing and mastering.
- Premium Emeraz.com services for the three finalists.
- First prize includes CD duplication, artwork and packaging by Duplication Ireland, (100 CDs in cardboard wallets).
Email entries:email@example.comPostal entries:Clancy Brothers Songwriting CompetitionClancy Brothers Music and Art FestivalC/O The Tudor Artisan HubMain StreetCarrick-on-SuirCo. TipperaryIreland.Closing date: April 29th, 2014. Finalists will be notified by May 13th, 2014.
- The Clancy Brothers Songwriting Competition is free to enter
- The lyrics and music must be the original work of the songwriter(s).
- The contest is open to all types of song, in any style – ballad, country, pop, rock etc.
- The contest is open to amateur and professional songwriters.
- The contest is open to national and international songwriters.
- Songwriters may only enter one song for consideration. Where a songwriter has entered as part of a team, that entry will be counted as their entry.
- Songs may have multiple co-writers, but please designate one name only as the contact on the application.
- Songs may not exceed 5 minutes in length.
- Entries should be submitted on a CD or by email. All entries must be accompanied by a copy of the lyrics; typed or clearly written with a translation where applicable.
- Email entries must be in MP3 format and no larger than 10mb.
- Songs may be entered in any language. Where applicable an English translation of the lyrics must be submitted.
- A commercial recording of the entry must not be released for sale before June 2nd, 2014.
- If an entrant is under 18 years of age on or before June 2nd, 2014, the signature of a parent or guardian is required.
- Entries will not be returned. All songwriters should retain a copy of their song submission.
- The Clancy Brothers Songwriting Competition is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, postage due, stolen or misappropriated entries.
- Copyright for submitted material remains with the songwriter.
- Members of the Clancy Brothers’ Music and Arts Festival Committee, and the Clancy Brothers Songwriting Competition Committee, are not eligible to enter.
- The provisional adjudication will be on the basis of the tracks submitted, from which 3 finalists will be chosen.
- Entry constitutes permission for the Clancy Brothers Songwriting Competition and its sponsors and partners to use the three finalists’ entered song, names, likenesses, and voices for future promotion and publicity purposes for the competition without additional compensation.
- Each of the 3 finalists must be available to take part in a live final in Carrick-on-Suir on May 27th, 2014, venue to be confirmed. If unable to take part, another entry will take their place.
- The performance must be live and contain no pre-recorded music. There is a maximum of 2 people allowed to perform per act.
- Each act will be asked to perform a 15-20 minute set, of which their competition entry will be a part.
- A songwriter may nominate someone else to perform in their place, however the songwriter must be present for the competition.
- Each songwriter will be responsible for providing the singer and/or duo for his/her entry in the final at his/her own expense.
- Final adjudication will be on the night of the final.
- The Judges’ decision is final.
- Prizes will be awarded jointly to all authors of any song; division of prizes is the responsibility of the winners.
- Each songwriter will cover their own travel and accommodation costs.
- Entries must include the name of the songwriter(s); address; email; phone number; and signature of consent from parent(s) or guardian(s) where the songwriter(s) is under 18 years old. Where there is more than one songwriter, please indicate clearly who is the contact.
- Acknowledgement of receipt is by request and only by email. No other correspondence will be entered into.
- Closing date for the competition is April 29th, 2014.
- Finalists will be notified by May 13th, 2014.
- Entry for the contest implies acceptance of all the rules. Failure to comply with any competition rules will result in the songwriter(s) being disqualified.